We are packing and getting ready to head to The Springs Camp, in Gladwin, tomorrow morning. Bart was asked to speak this week to the Jr. High group. He will be speaking twice every day, including one wrap-up challenge on Saturday with the Parents present. He would appreciate your prayers for him this week, I'm sure! I also have the opportunity of speaking on Wednesday morning to the GIRLS only. I will be speaking on Purity. Please pray for me, as this is a little more OUT of my comfort zone. Pray that I won't be too nervous, and that I will be able to effectively communicate the importance of purity to the girls. We have 4 of our teens going to camp also. Pray that they will grow in their spiritual walk with Christ this week also. Please pray too that Ethan would adjust to a new setting, especially for sleeping! We will be staying in their Retreat Center, which is like a hotel room, with a private bath. It is very comfortable and has air conditioning. He will probably love being outside and playing. It is the sleeping that sometimes is difficult, being in a different place. We will be there ALL week, coming home Saturday, so pray that he will adjust quickly and that he will sleep well all week. He's been waking up early, probably because the sun is up so early now. I'm also a little nervous with the "meal" portion as well. Ethan is eating all regular foods now, pretty well. But he still does not do a lot of meat, other than chicken. So while I'll be thankful to have a week off from cooking, I'm hoping that the meals will be such that he can eat them without trouble. With it being Jr. High camp, I'm sure it will be better. They will probably get to eat a lot of things like Macaroni & Cheese (Ethan's favorite!), etc. One final prayer request would be for me - that I would be feeling WELL most of the week. Last week was a rough week, as far as "Morning Sickness" goes. I am hoping to be about done with this! Being away from home, I don't want to have to mess with being sick at all. Thank you so much for upholding us in your prayers! We appreciate them more than you know!
And then of course, the main reason you all look at our blog... to see Ethan. Here he is today in his "Hawaiian" shirt, "muscle" t-shirt, and shorts. Isn't he just the cutest thing?? We think so!
One of Ethan's favorite pasttimes, laying on the floor, reading his books... pointing to the Tractor!



No comments:
Post a Comment