We made it home just after Noon today. It never felt better to come home! A week is a LONG time to be away from home, especially since I didn't sleep much at ALL this week! I don't know why, but I could NOT get comfortable and could NOT sleep all week. I was hoping that my fatigue alone would help me sleep better Thurs. & Fri., but I think Friday night was almost the worst! Besides that.... we had a great week!
Ethan did very well! He "slept" all night every night this week, minus the flips, flops, roll-overs, whines, etc. (Now I remember why we moved him back to his room when he was just 6 weeks old or so, so we could get some sleep. He's a NOISY sleeper!) Although I'm sure his Pak & Play wasn't any more comfortable than the bed we slept in. Don't get me wrong, we slept in the Retreat Center and had nice accommodations with A/C and everything. The bed was just NOT comfortable (to me anyway). I think Bart slept a little better, although he didn't sleep great either. I am sure we will ALL sleep like a ROCK tonight!
Bart did a great job speaking. He was able to challenge the kids and even staff members in different areas of their lives. About 4 or 5 teens were saved that we know of right now, and several made decisions to rededicate their lives to Christ after this week, along with other commitments as well. Thank you again for your prayers for us! They were definitely felt throughout the week.
We had good food every meal, and I didn't have to cook it! Ethan did great eating too. Which I was a little nervous about there being enough "Ethan-proof" food for him. He also enjoyed the meal entertainment (the kids singing silly songs, etc.) The quiet house will be nice to return to though. He got a lot of exercise running around the camp, socializing with the teens (waiving at almost everyone as they went by - with his tongue out of course), etc. He even got at least one bath day, due to being dirty, or sandy from the beach (Life is good - in his mind!). So, he did GREAT! Minus the fatigue of not sleeping, I felt pretty well all week also, Praise the Lord! It was probably my best weeks yet, as far as nausea goes, since I found out I was pregnant. Thanks again for your prayers in that area as well.
Nathan Britton stayed here at the house with Spencer. It is always SO nice to come home after he's house-sat for us! He had the house all vacuumed, the dishes all cleaned and put away, and his sheets and towels all washed and put back. What a blessing he was too! Thank you so much Nathan! What a blessing it is to have people who are willing to help us out, even by putting up with our dog!
We're all unpacked. Bart got the van all vacuumed out (we brought home about a dozen ants and a couple of spiders with us, yuck!). I'm working on laundry, etc. Home again, home again. But, oh, does it ever feel good to be HOME!



No comments:
Post a Comment