Yesterday, I had a "Mommy's Day Out!" My friend, Brenda, took me to Traverse City, while Bart stayed home to have a "Daddy Day" with Ethan. We went consignment shopping looking for nice used baby/toddler clothing, etc. Our best find was probably Ethan's Tonka riding truck. It is in mint condition and he just loves it! (That was Grandma Brenda's present for Ethan.) I also found a few baby clothes for our "little foot" (baby #2, as we're calling him right now), and some tops for Ethan for the fall/winter. It was very fun!
We went out for lunch and enjoyed a fun day of shopping around T.C. Bart did great with Ethan, and was a tremendous help to me as well. I came home around 5:00 PM, to find my loving husband and son at the door waiting for me. There was also a nice, sweet aroma coming from the kitchen. Bart had made dinner. Not only that, but it was a NEW RECIPE, that he found on-line, a chicken and peach dish with rice. WOW, was I impressed! I know he can cook, but the fact that he took the initiatve to do something like that was SO .... WOW... appreciated, that's for sure! He had also vaccuumed, now I'm bragging. (I know what you're thinking, "Boy is she spoiled!" Yes I am! :-) )
We went out for lunch and enjoyed a fun day of shopping around T.C. Bart did great with Ethan, and was a tremendous help to me as well. I came home around 5:00 PM, to find my loving husband and son at the door waiting for me. There was also a nice, sweet aroma coming from the kitchen. Bart had made dinner. Not only that, but it was a NEW RECIPE, that he found on-line, a chicken and peach dish with rice. WOW, was I impressed! I know he can cook, but the fact that he took the initiatve to do something like that was SO .... WOW... appreciated, that's for sure! He had also vaccuumed, now I'm bragging. (I know what you're thinking, "Boy is she spoiled!" Yes I am! :-) )
Then I had a baby shower last night, so Ethan had a nice long "Daddy Day". That's probably good, since Bart will begin to be busier with his class he is taking this fall. He also has some other long, days that he will be gone in the next week (including a trip to MI Adventure with the teens tomorrow, and an Awana Conference in T.C. on Sat.). I came home right after the shower to see Ethan before he went down for bed.
Thank you, Brenda, for a nice, relaxing day out. Thank you, Bart, for being such a wonderful, helpful, loving, caring, thoughtful husband! I appreciate him SO much! Thank you, Lord, for both of them. 
Just a couple of cute pictures of Ethan playing on "his" computer (Bart's old laptop).



1 comment:
I think it's perfectly acceptable to brag about your husband.
Post a Comment