Sunday afternoon, our church has their big Harvest Festival Dinner. It is a potluck dinner. I was in charge of setting the tables, food prep and serving, as well as clean up. I had a few ladies who were great helpers in this. We were set for about 160 people, and I think we were pretty full. It was a great time of fellowship.
Sunday evening, our church hosted Manton's Community Hymnsing. We probably had at least 150 people or more from the community churches, as well as ours, attend. Bart led the hymnsing (as shown below.) People come and request their favorite hymns to sing, and there were about 5 or 6 special numbers as well. (I did not do a special number this year, because I haven't had much time to work up anything special.)
Finally, Monday morning, we have our Harvest Festival Parade in town. Our church always has a float promoting our Awana program. Here are a few pictures from the parade:
Our new church van, pulling our float with a Patriotic Theme this year. (Bart, Ethan and I are on the right side of the float.)
Several kids from Awana participate by sitting on the float, by riding their bikes, etc.
Continuing down Main Street (again Bart, Ethan and I are on the right).
A closer shot of our family walking in the Parade.
Ethan rode well for the whole parade, even though it was HOT! It got up to about 90 degrees (after the parade was done, thankfully!) Notice Ethan's toes propped up on his stroller. He's just "chillin' " out, enjoying the ride. :-) He even waved some of the time. We finished up our morning, by getting a delicious Chicken Dinner prepared by the Rotary Club. We chose to take our box dinners home and eat in the air conditioning, and then Ethan crashed for his nap!



No comments:
Post a Comment