Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, Spencer!

Today is our dog, Spencer's, 2nd Birthday! He is a black and white English Springer Spaniel. I was raised having Springer Spaniels, so when we decided to get a dog, I knew I wanted a Springer Spaniel. They are such nice dogs with kids and families. He does have quite a bit of energy, but he has also settled down a LOT since we first got him. We got Spencer from a good friend in Cadillac, who breeds Springers. Natalie is a teacher at Cadillac Heritage Christian School, where I used to teach. I believe her husband, Brad's, birthday is today also. Happy Birthday Brad!
Ethan sharing his birthday balloons with Spencer.

He is a beautiful dog!
Such a cute face!
This is Spencer with all of his brothers and sisters 2 years ago (when he was probably 4-6 weeks old). Can you guess which one is Spencer? He is at the top right;the one with the most black in his coat.

Spencer and I getting to know each other, before we could bring him home.

Bart eventually warmed up to the idea of us getting a puppy. (It only took 8 years. :-))In fact, one of our teens from our Youth Group one Sunday night, said, "Debbie, I finally figured out how you got pregnant." I said, "Good!" (Where is this heading?) She said, "You got a puppy, and then you got pregnant!" (Phew!) She was partly right, I guess. We got Spencer and conceived about a month later! (How's that for a new fertility plan?) Anyway, we're glad we got him, most of the time. :-) (It is more difficult to plan to be away with a dog. He rides nicely in the van though. And he does great at Nana & Papa's house. Grandma & Grandpa have a dog just like Spencer (black and white Springer also), and he does not like to play with Spencer. He's not used to "fellowshipping" with other dogs. :-) ) Time to go out for a walk.

1 comment:

Emily Rose Nichols said...

What a cute doggie! His coloring reminds Jason and I of a dog we had once.