We went to a Rugby game tonight of one of our teens, Emily. It was there that I realized how well socialized Ethan is (maybe to a fault). He was walking around with Susie (the teen's mom), and walked right over to a lady who had a small dog. The dog was very friendly and Ethan decided to make himself right at home. He sat on the lady's lap and grabbed the dog's leash. Susie said, "He not only sat on her lap, but he organized how he wanted her to sit." He made her put her legs Indian style so he could sit in her lap. She went along and graciously allowed him to sit on her lap. She was friendly also, but probably wondered who this baby was and why he was sitting on her lap. I walked over and said "Hi. Our dog has a blue leash also, and Ethan likes to hold onto it when we're going for walks. He must think that this dog is nice like Spencer also." He then proceeded to visit with another couple next to us with a 2 year old. They had pop bottles and the boy had a sippy cup, so he wanted to have those of course. Then there were 2 teenage girls on our other side, who he walked up to and waved to. They were picking at the grass, so he took the blade of grass from one of the girls, and later tried to take their phones. (I didn't let him.) Then he walked over to a group of guys, one of whom had a baby girl (~7 months or so) in a front-pack. He waved HI to them also, and then I intercepted him. So I guess we're thankful that Ethan is so used to people that he feels comfortable around others, as long as we're right there beside him and it is safe for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment