Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One year ago today...

One year ago today, was Ethan's due date (according to the doctors, not God of course.) This was me last year at this time, anxiously awaiting our new little blessing.
This morning I was reading through the story of Abram & Sarai again in my Bible Study. I am reminded again how God shows his kindness and goodness to us many ways, but for me specifically this one. To Sarai, He gave a son, the promised son to her at the age of 90! (Boy am I glad, he didn't make me wait that long!) I can partly feel the pain Sarai felt as she went through her infertility. Except that in those days if was a little different. Then not having children meant not having someone to pass on your legacy and inheritance to. If you have not experienced infertility, I don't believe you can fully comprehend the goodness of God in giving children. "Children are a gift from God." God is the author and creator of all life! A lot of people don't see that. They think that life is something to be played with, and planned according to our time table. I, for sure, have a different view, having experienced infertility for about 6 years. I could read this story before I got pregnant and was somewhat comforted, but not really. God had promised Abram a child and descendents as numerous as the stars in the sky and grains of sand on the seashore. He never promised me that. I would pray and ask for God to hear my cry, while trying to believe it COULD happen if God willed it, I was never comforted KNOWING it would happen. Yet, it must have taken great faith on Abram & Sarai's part to believe it could happen after SO MANY years of waiting! I cannot tell you what joy & fear I felt as we found out we were expecting. That fear quickly gave way as the Lord blessed me with a wonderfully healthy pregnancy. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for hearing my cry and granting my heart's desire in having a child. I Samuel 1:27, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."

No comments: