Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Apples & Winter again...

Sunday, we had our Thanksgiving Dinner at church. A whole turkey dinner, complete with all of the fixings (stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, cranberry sauce, etc.) is provided for anyone in the church and their families to attend. Everyone is just asked to bring a dessert. I don't know exactly how many people were actually there, but I would say between 200 - 250 people. It was very nice, and the food was delicious! This year a couple had an idea to do a food shower to collect food items for families in the area in need. So we gave away 20 turkeys, bags of potatoes, and other Thanksgiving food pantry items to several families. I'm sure many were blessed by the outpouring of love shown by our church family!

Bart and Ethan are helping me make my dessert Saturday evening. I made an Apple Dumpling Dessert. It was a layered pie crust, apple pie filling dessert, doused with a brown sugar sauce. It was a new recipe, and very delicious! They're both such great helpers! I'm thankful for both Bart & Ethan.

It's not really "news" anymore, but it continues to snow here in Northern Michigan. I wonder how many inches of snow we've received so far this November?? Manton (and other area schools) had another 2 hour delay again today (they had one last Friday also, I believe.). The snow is beautiful on the trees, but not so nice to drive on.




No comments: