Ethan finally got to taste some of his birthday cake. He tasted the "E" block from the top of his cake. I say "tasted" because he didn't eat much, he just mushed it between his fingers. Here is a video if you want to watch him - "in action." If you just have dial up, it may take quite awhile to load. (The video is 3 minutes, about 11 mg.) Otherwise, below are a few pictures to give you a quick glance at him. Remember he has a major "texture" issue. He is doing much better and eating more things, but still quite slowly. He likes chewing foods, but he doesn't like to swallow them.
Ethan, you truly are a gift from God! You were a miracle when you were conceived and it was a miracle to experience you come into birth! Only God could ordain such fulfillment! We prayed for you to join our family for many years. God brought you to us in His timing and in His plan. I am still in awe when I consider the goodness of God for blessing us with you. To look back and remember your coming into this world brings tears to my eyes. You were a long time in coming, that Easter Sunday. We went into the hospital early in the morning around 2 AM. My labor progressed slowly as I anxiously awaited seeing you for the first time and holding you in my arms. The hospital and nurses were great in working with us. We shared your miracle story with each one of them as well. Finally at 6:12 PM you entered this world by God's grace, a healthy, happy, beautiful baby boy! All of the nurses commented on how beautiful you were. (Yes, it is possible for a boy to be beautiful.) Your first visitors included Grandma & Grandpa Haase, Nana & Papa Glupker & Uncle Lance, Uncle Brian, Aunt Renee, and cousin Andy. They all came to see you that first night in the hospital. You were prayed for by each of them as well. The next day, Uncle Mark, Aunt Kristin, Aunt Alisha, Uncle Chadd, Aunt Sarah came to visit you. Pastor & Nancy, Mr. & Mrs. Domagala also came up to visit you. We got to bring you home Tuesday around 1:00 PM. Grandma Haase stayed at home with us the first week to help Mommy, and to see you of course. (Mommy was not getting around yet very well that first week, due to a strained pelvic bone.) Grandma left Saturday morning. That afternoon Great Grandma Glupker, Aunt Judy, Nana, Papa, Uncle Lance, Uncle Chadd, Aunt Sarah, and cousin Hayden all came up to visit you. Nana stayed with us that next week through your baby shower at Rollins the next Thursday evening. There were about 45 ladies in attendance that night. Most of them had all prayed for your arrival before you were born also. You were showered with so many nice gifts! Meals were brought to us by many friends also. Your birth touched many lives! At times I wish I could go back and hold that sweet, newborn baby to remember that feeling of the first time I saw you. Yet, I am amazed to see how you have grown and developed already. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! God is working in your life even now. I know he has great plans for you. We are praying for you daily, that you would come to know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior at a young age, and live to serve Him. Thank you Lord Jesus, for this awesome privilege of being a mother! It is a high calling. Thank you for allowing me to be Ethan's Mommy!



2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Ethan! We can hardly believe it has already been a whole year already that you were born. May God bless your life and may you also come to know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour at an early age.
Love you all!
The Wittebols
God is so good. I am with you - I would love to go back, even for just a few minutes, to hold my newborn. They grow so fast.
Post a Comment