Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Scariest Mom moment!

Tonight I had the scariest Mom moment of my life! We were at church for a Child Evangelism Fellowship banquet. The children were taken upstairs to play during the program. I went upstairs to check on Ethan, after helping clean up a little bit, during the program. Ethan was sitting quietly with one of our teens "Hopper." Of course, once he saw me he came to me. He quickly realized I was staying, and wanted to get down to play. He was wandering around like he normally does, and I started talking to the teen girls. I started looking at another boy who looked like he either sat in some juice, or he wet his pants. Then I noticed Ethan spit up on the carpet. I went over to wipe his face, and noticed he was still chewing, and continued spitting up. I immediately thought something was wrong! I leaned him forward and patted his back to see if he had to spit something out. Then I yelled, "GO GET BART!" (One pre-teen said, Who's Bart? Hopper ran to get him.)I looked in Ethan's mouth and stuck to the roof of his mouth was a sticker. I stuck my finger in and pulled it out! Then I hugged him and cried! HOW SCARY!! I am so thankful that it was "just a sticker" because it was still in his mouth. I am thankful that he did not swallow anything (that I know of!). I am thankful to the Lord that I was there to catch it right away when it happened. It's easy to think, he's walking fine, so I can take my eye off him a little bit. But he is at that age where EVERYTHING goes in his mouth. I hope and pray that nothing like that happens again! I'm sure I will be watching him like a hawk now!

1 comment:

Emily Rose Nichols said...

Scariest mom moment,

so far......