Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chipmunk? Not yet, thankfully.

Yesterday I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. After the consultation with the doctor, he pretty much scared me out of wanting to do it, but I knew it needed to be done. I remember having one tear roll down my cheek as we were beginning. I don't like that feeling of going under. It made me think, "This is it! I'm going out! I wonder if this is what dying feels like?" It is a scary feeling when you're going out and you hear the doctors talking. I remember asking, "I can still hear you; is that a good thing?" He said it was, he had not started the IV yet. I have very thin veins so most nurses have a difficult time getting IV's started or taking blood. He was able to get it started without any problems though, thankfully. In no time at all, it seemed, I was done and out. I didn't have much trouble at all coming out of the anesthesia. The doctor said everything went very well, better than expected apparantly. We even saved $250, because the total cost came in that much under the provided estimate prior to the surgery. That was a praise - since we don't have dental insurance. My appt. was at 1:00 PM, I was done by 2:00 PM, and we were on the road by 2:30 PM. My tongue and bottom lip were completely numb until late in the night. I was awake all afternoon and evening. I just rested in my rocker/recliner. I was able to drink (over the sink-so I didn't spill out of my lip that I couldn't feel) and eat a little bit of Jello and even some scrambled eggs. I've been taking some pain meds (not a lot), but mainly just to stay on top of things. I'm not really in much pain thankfully. -knock on wood-- :-) Hopefully everything will continue to heal without any infections, etc. No picture is attached, because there's really nothing to see. Thankfully, I don't look like a chipmunk yet! Thank you all for your prayers! I really appreciate them!

No comments: