Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Ethan gets demoted...

As you can see, Ethan's been demoted. That's right. He no longer gets to sleep in his nice, cushy, roomy crib with a bumper pad to snuggle against. Nope, he's sleeping in the "Pak & Play". He thinks that just because he can stand up in his crib, he has a built in teether, that being his crib. He is scraping away at the wood finish on the crib. Besides making it look "used" now, I'm worried about him ingesting wood chippings. (Although, we are talking about my baby boy who gags on a muffin crumb. I'm sure if he got a piece of something, he would just gag. But the shavings have to go somewhere, right?)
Spencer is checking out this new crib in Ethan's room; and he can get much closer to Ethan now too.
Here's our big boy, who pulls himself up on to everything now. Especially the Ottoman, because it's at his height level. We just really have to watch him because it does rock and move.
Ethan is showing off his new practice event. "He pulls up to a kneeling position and then quickly...
...plops down to the ground." He's practicing his dismount, I guess.
(Oohh, that one hurt a bit. He was a little too close to the stool.)
This is a good thing though. He needs to learn how to get down, because getting up is the easy part. We have found ourselves going in to his room WAY too many times, to lay him back down, so he can go to sleep. Eventually, we just give up. He gets down somehow.

So our bedtime routines have been a bit hectic to say the least lately. I've been spoiled with a baby who has been sleeping pretty well. Hopefully this is just another phase, and will pass quickly. I know what you "older" people are all thinking. "Don't wish the phases away too fast, because time does fly way too quickly." I know. Don't get me wrong. We love Ethan very much! Some phases can just be difficult to get through. It's a good thing we're still fairly young, I guess.
Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers for us. We are staying healthy so far this winter, Praise the Lord! Bye for now!

2 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Don't give up the crib too quickly. For $10 you can buy clear protectors from Babies R Us. We bought our crib used and placed those protectors all around the crib so we wouldn't have to worry about him chewing on it when he got older.

Debbie said...

I'm not giving up our crib, don't worry. I have to go to Babies R Us when we go to G.R. next.(We don't have one up here.) So his Pak & Play will have to do for now. I hope they have one that fits our crib. Cribs are all so different now. It is nice to know that you were able to get one to fit your crib. Thanks, Kelly!