I just finished my Bible Study for today. I am working through Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit study. What a blessing this has been! I am thoroughly enjoying this study. This week's study is on Joy. Today the challenge was this: to see joy result from discovering God's presence, God's purpose, and God's power in the midst of difficulties. So many of you came to my mind, as so many people are going through trials right now. It is never "fun" going through trials, and yet Christ calls us to "consider it pure joy, my friends, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." Christ does not want us to go through trials, just for the sake of suffering. He wants us to grow through them. He has promised to never leave us, and that includes times of difficulties. We need to stay close to Him, especially during those times when things "don't make sense", or don't "seem fair". He is the only one who can help us through our trials. I realize that I am writing this, and so many of you are thinking, "You have never gone through what I am going through." You're right, I have not, but Christ has! The Bible says that He was tempted in every way possible. He loves you so much that he prays for you! God wants us to turn to Him for comfort. So whatever you are facing today, whether it be physical ailments, financial difficulties, relational uproars, or emotional instability, look for God's presence, God's purpose, and God's power. Finally, Jeremiah 29:13 says, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Seek God and you will find a joy that is beyond comprehension, because you will have found peace and favor with God! May God bless you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment